Looking for an alternative of your old halogen lamp? Modern technology can cover you with the new dimmable G9 LED bulbs. They cut power usage by 10 times and their brightness can be adjusted for your convenience. Such bulbs don’t irritate eyes and their lifespan is quite impressive.
It’s important to choose a bulb with adequate color rendering index (CRI), temperature, and of course, quality. Gladly, we can help you with the choice. Check out this TOP-5 of G9 LED bulbs available on Amazon! And if you need more information about such lamps, there’s a convenient Buyer’s Guide after the list.
Our TOP-5 Dimmable G9 LED Bulbs Comparison
Eco.Luma G9 LED Bulb Dimmable, Warm White – 0%-100% Dim
This is a universal bulb, compatible with all G9 fixtures and modern dimmers. You can put it in anything from a ceiling fan and regular lamp to decorative elements such as a chandelier or wall light. You can also use it without a dimmer.
With an upgraded G9 base, the bulb slightly longer than a standard halogen one. It comes in warm white light (3000K), which is great for a cozy atmosphere at home. It also prevents eye irritation, protecting your sight. Ceramic housing and PC cover ensure heat resistance. And with high-quality LED chips, this option becomes the most optimal on the list.
Here are some major qualities of Eco.Luma Dimmable G9 LED Bulb:
- Energy-saving. This lamp will save about 90% of your power and money. It only uses 6W and gives 540lm light. Its brightness is equal to a 50W bulb;
- Eye protection. The lighting is quite soft, in the “warm” range (3000K), and doesn’t flicker, so it won’t cause eye irritation or headache like some daylight or imbalanced lamps do;
- Adequate CRI. The CRI of this bulb is 82, which means it reveals more or less true colors. The recommended CRI is 80+.
- The lifespan in 30,000 hours or 15,000 switches on and off.
Here are some safe usage cautions:
- As this lamp is longer than a standard halogen one, make sure your fixtures are of the right size;
- Such lamps should only be used indoors;
- Don’t look directly at the lamp for a long time when it’s on 100% brightness setting to avoid eye damage;
- Don’t touch the lamp when it’s turned on to save your hands from burns;
- Avoid touching the lamp without gloves even if it’s off – the oils on your hands may damage its semipermeable cover.
Bulb materials don’t contain toxic chemicals such as mercury or lead. LED chips don’t emit UV, IR, or heat radiation.
The lamp is 100% safe if used properly, and has great qualities for the price. You’ll save a lot of money and power by using it – 30,000 hours is a lot of time. Even considering 10-hour daily usage, the product should work for years. We recommend this lamp for everyone who needs soft warm light for their home.
- No flickering;
- 100% to 0% dimming;
- Warm 3000K light;
- CRI 80+;
- Lifespan 30,000 hours;
- Free of toxic materials;
- 30-day return policy;
- 2-year warranty.
- CRI is too low for some people;
- Only for indoor use.
Kakanuo G9 LED Bulb Dimmable Lower Consumption with Higher Brightness
Kakanuo’s soft linear dimmable light will give you up to 320 lumens for almost 9 times less money spent on electricity bills. This is a great option for indoor settings as signal, decorative, and main lighting.
With a LED compatible dimmer, this bulb will become your warmest friend. It’s lightweight, suitable for most standard G9 fixtures, and has a beam angle of 360 degrees, illuminating the whole room. You can gain benefits from a 2-year warranty or 90-days refund guarantee if something goes wrong.
Here are some qualities of the Kakanuo dimmable G9 LED bulb:
- Energy-saving. Equal to a 35W halogen lamp, this one uses only 4W to illuminate your home at as much as 320 lumens.
- Warm light. Standard for most homes, this is a 3000K lamp that produces warm, cozy light.
- The bulb will last for over 30,000 hours, so you don’t need to change it for years.
- Adequate CRI. Its CRI is over 80, which is an optimal standard for regular LED lamps.
- Damage-resistant material. The lamp elements are secured with silica gel, improving its damage resistance.
Usage and Safety
Let’s see some precautions to make before choosing this option:
- Make sure your dimmer is LED compatible. If it’s not, the lamps will work fine, but they may flicker a bit at the lower settings;
- Make sure the wattage suits, otherwise the lamp won’t work or you can damage it or your electricity system.
The lamp is CE and RoHS certified, meaning it’s not dangerous for humans and the environment.
This is another highly recommended warm-light option. Silica gel should protect it from damage, as well as moisture and heat, which adds points to its longevity. The energy-saving factor is also great, proving again that LED lamps are our future.
- Lifespan of 30,000+ hours;
- CRI 80+;
- Warm 3,000K light;
- Beam angle 360 degrees;
- Quality guarantees by CE and RoHS;
- 90-day refund guarantee;
- 2-year warranty
- May provide inconsistent lighting at lower settings (mostly because of an old dimmer).
DiCUNO G9 Dimmable LED Bulb Cool White for Outdoor
Outdoor lamps are usually colder white. This is one of such options, or better to say 10 since the pack consists of 10 bulbs. They are energy-saving, non-toxic, and have an illuminating angle of 360 degrees.
DiCUNO’s dimmable D9 LED bulbs are colder than the previous options – 6000K. They are more suitable for outdoor settings like architecture, caravan, RV, landscape illumination, as well as security lighting. If used inside, they are great for restaurant and hotel lighting, as well as for museums and art galleries.
Here are some of the qualities these bulbs have:
- Energy-saving. Equivalent to a 30-watt lamp, this one uses only 3W, saving not only energy but your money as well.
- No need to change anything. These bulbs have standard G9 bases, so you only have to get such lamps to save power, there’s no need to change anything else in the house.
- Cold white color. This is one of the daylight lamps, working at 6000K with a 360-degree illuminating angle.
- Impressive lifespan. The lifespan in 20,000-25,000 hours. That’s about two decades of everyday use.
- Weather-resistant material. Silica gel helps the lamp work great outside, resisting moisture and heat.
- Great CRI. The CRI of this bulb is 85+, meaning it shows more or less natural color shades.
Please, use a dimmer that’s compatible with the newest LED lamps. If your dimmer is old, the lights may flicker.
The lamp is very bright yet protects your eyes if you’re not looking directly at it for a long time.
The first 6000K lamp on the list, it’s one of those that don’t hurt your eyes or make you look greyish and sick. With CRI of 85+ Ra, you get an approximate equivalent to daylight with all natural colors. For important projects in art galleries, it’s better to use lamps with CRI of 90+, but overall, this is a great fit as well.
- Great lifespan;
- Weather-resistant material;
- 85+ CRI;
- Cold light great for outside use.
- Better for outdoor use.
KINDEEP Dimmable G9 LED Bulb 88% Electricity Saved
This warm light dimmable lamp set from KINDEEP contains 5 bulbs that will fit all G9 fixtures. It’s a great inside-use lamp for your cabinet or bathroom vanity lights, as well as ceiling fans and chandeliers.
This bulb will save you up to 88% of energy as soon as you start using it. Fitting anywhere in the house, this warm light bulb will softly illuminate your room, kitchen, or bathroom. It doesn’t flicker at all, given you’re using a dimmer that’s intact and compatible with LED lamps.
Here are some qualities of the bulb from KINDEEP:
- Energy-saving. Using only 4W, it saves about 88% of the energy you use for lighting every day.
- Easy to install. You install it just like your previous halogen bulb, there are no special precautions.
- Nice materials. Every bulb is a one-piece ceramic, this material is responsible for effective heat dissipation. Eco-friendly PC materials used for the bulb details contribute to a great light transmittance – 95%. Due to these materials, the lamp is also shock-, vibration-, and damage-resistant.
- Great lifespan. This bulb will work for about 30,000 hours, depending on the compatibility with your dimmer, power outage frequency, and overall maintenance.
- Nice CRI. This bulb has a CRI of over 80 Ra, meaning the colors will look quite natural.
These bulbs are environmentally friendly due to the materials they are made of. Besides, there’s no UV or IR radiation emitting from them.
The materials of this one are high-quality and practical. Also, it’s multifunctional, meaning you can fit it in any space: under a cabinet, in a chandelier, etc. The environmental factor is also great since this lamp doesn’t emit radiation. All these factors contribute greatly to our positive recommendation.
- No flicker;
- 95% light transmittance;
- 30,000 hours lifespan;
- High-quality materials;
- Great heat dissipation;
- No UV or IR radiation;
- 1-year warranty.
- None found.
LEDERA G9 LED Light Bulb Dimmable With Low Heat Output
LEDERA’s dimmable bulb is energy-efficient and will serve you for years. It has a standard bi-pin G9 base that will suit almost any modern house. It emits warm white light (3000K) and will look great in your bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, or living room.
The bulbs can be used as a part of a décor or as the main light source. They save a lot of energy and have their quality checked. Besides, if something goes wrong, the manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty for every product.
Here are some qualities:
- Energy-saving. Using only 4W, this lamp saves about 83% of the energy your house uses for lighting.
- Low heat output. This bulb only emits 10%-40% heat, compared to similar products.
- Great lifespan. 30,000 hours of work equals about 20 years of everyday usage.
- Adequate CRI. Joining the 80+ Ra club, these lamps show almost natural colors.
If the lamp is still illuminating after you turn it off, don’t stress out. These are 100% to 10% dimmable, meaning 10% of light is still on even on the lowest setting. Also, remember that such lamps need compatible dimmers, so make sure you have one. If you hear buzzing or see flickering light, the problem is usually your old or broken dimmer.
The manufacturer specifies that you shouldn’t use this bulb in the fixtures that are completely closed.
This product is CE and RoHS certified, so the quality is verified.
Long lifespan, convenient warranty, low heat output, and great energy-saving qualities – this is one of the great options you can find online. We recommend it if you want to buy a bulb that won’t need a replacement for at least the next 10 years.
- Low heat output;
- 30,000-hour lifespan;
- CE, RoHS certified;
- CRI 80+;
- 2-year warranty.
- Indoor use only.
Dimmable G9 LED Bulbs FAQ & Buyer’s Guide
Let’s answer some of the most popular questions asked by the people who want a nice, long-lasting bulb.
What is G9 and why do I need it?
G9 halogen lamps or bulbs are a subcategory of the halogen bulb class. The G notifies that initial bulbs were made of glass. This is a better, more contemporary version of a good old bulb that is more energy-efficient and damage-resistant. They often have tinted or frosted finish so you don’t irritate or damage your eyes.
The construction has a bi-pin setting, so it might not be suitable for regular sockets at your house. Before choosing such a lamp, make sure you have the right sockets.
Why shouldn’t I touch the lamp?
There are two reasons you should touch your G9 lamp:
- You may burn your hands if the lights are on for a long time. This is not too big of a problem for a lot of LED lamps with lower heat output, but any light gets quite hot when on for several hours;
- You may damage your lamp if its surface is semipermeable. A lot of indoor-use lamps may allow the oil or moisture from your hands to permeate its cover. This might not become an issue right ahead, but your lamp’s longevity may decrease by much after this.
Gloves are a great way out for the times when you need to install or maintain the lamp.
Should I clean my lamps?
It depends on how dusty your region is. We don’t usually think of bulbs as something we should clean as often as our homes. However, a lot of manufacturers recommend wiping them with some alcohol if you’re sure they have been contaminated.
What’s CRI and why is it so important?
Have you ever been to a house or even outside one and wonder why all the colors look so greyish? That’s the effect of a lamp with low CRI.
A color rendering index describes the ability of a lamp to show natural colors around. The highest value is 100; it’s only assigned to so-called black bodies (like incandescent lamps) or any other source of light that is identical to natural. CRI may also have a negative value (low-pressure sodium lighting, for example).
G9 LED bulbs are usually 80+, with some claiming the 98 mark.
Energy- and Money-Saving Option for Your Home, Yard, Garage, and More
Nice lighting means a lot in terms of creating the right atmosphere at home. It should be warm enough and show colors properly. Practical benefits are also quite important. A good bulb should be energy-saving, which equals to money-saving. LED options fit this standard perfectly, but there are a lot of choices and sometimes it’s difficult to pick the best bulb for your home. Besides, some need it for a garage or outdoor usage, which requires “colder” weather-resistant lamps.
For that, there are buyer guides, packed with useful information about the reviewed products!