Lots of appliances are becoming more portable nowadays. Projectors aren’t an exception. You can find one as powerful as a large version and as small as a smartphone. Talking about phones, a projector comes in handy when you want to watch a movie with friends, binge on YouTube for some time, or see old pictures.
One of the most important things for a good phone projector is a Wi-Fi connection. It’s more convenient to connect your phone wirelessly to a portable projector. And here, we present to you the TOP 5 mobile projectors that will make a cinema experience much closer to you.
After the list, you will also find a ton of useful information compiled in a buyer’s guide. The article takes about 10 minutes to read, but it will save you hours of research and lots of effort!
1. Bomaker Wi-Fi Mini Projector – Suitable for Outdoor Use
You don’t need any cables or adapters to connect to smartphones, including iPhones, Android devices, Samsung smartphones. The device is also compatible with Windows 10 laptops and PCs. You can connect via Miracast or AirPlay.
Connect in 3 steps:
- Find the “Mirroring-EBCE88” Wi-Fi connection;
- Enter the password (numbers 1 to 8);
- Switch on Screen Mirroring.
50% More Brightness
The projector is suitable for viewing with some ambient light. Its 6,000-lumen brightness is half as bright as the older models. This device supports Full HD, which enhances the movie-watching experience by much. Just make sure you have a suitable projector screen to be able to enjoy all the benefits.
Other Useful Features
Here are some other things you should know:
- The fan in this version is 15% quieter;
- Lamp life is up to 50,000 hours;
- The projection size range is 35” to 300”;
- The perfect range is 80” to 100” (8.2-11.4ft away from the screen).
This is an easy-to-use, powerful projector compatible with a wide range of devices and suitable for outside use. Get some Bluetooth speakers for deep, cinema-like sound, and enjoy the movie!
2. GooDee 2020 Projector – Innovative Quiet Cooling and Great Functionality
This projector is claimed to be the company’s best-seller for a reason. It’s 80% brighter than some of the competitors, supports 1080P, and offers a 3,000:1 contrast for clearer tones. The luminous flux is 6,000 lumens, meaning this option is also quite power-saving.
The GooDee projector is suitable for outside use as well as for a room with some ambient light. The viewing screen range is 44” to 230”. The optimal distance is 10ft from the screen and a 98” image.
This projector has a pair of built-in 3W speakers with an SRS sound system. They provide Hi-Fi stereo sound, deep and clear. Most of the time, you won’t need external speakers.
You can connect the projector to all smartphones, Xbox, laptop, PC, TV Box, PS3 and 4, USB stick, and even DVD players. It’s suitable for both home and office use, gaming, and outdoor projection.
The customer service of the company is also impressive. You get 5 years of factory support for the parts of the projector. There’s also an opportunity to get a replacement or refund within 2 months from the purchase. Tech support is available for the whole lifespan of the device.
3. Jinhoo WiFi Mini Projector – Great Value for Money
Wireless and Wired Connection
The projector offers an easy Wi-Fi connection to your phone or tablet. You don’t need an adapter for your Apple devices.
This projector supports 1920 x 1080 resolution, but its native is 1280 x 720p, which is still very good for a portable phone projector. It’s quite bright as well; 5,500 lumens will save power and allow for a bright projection. To improve your customer experience, the manufacturer includes a 100” screen in the package.
The projection size can be anywhere from 32” to 176”.
Connect the projector to:
- TV Box;
- TV Stick;
- USB drive, etc.
If you prefer a wired connection, HDMI, AV, USB, and VGA ports are available.
This is a great affordable model for movie viewing in dark rooms. The manufacturer doesn’t recommend using it in light rooms for PPT presentations unless there’s an opportunity to make the room darker with blackout curtains, etc.
Great Customer Service
There are some great features provided by the company’s customer service as well:
- 3-year support;
- 100% money-back guarantee;
- Tech support;
- Professional customer service team that replies within 24 hours.
Overall, this is a nice option for the money, working great in dark rooms. There’s a built-in speaker, but we’d recommend enhancing the sound with a separate external sound system. If you don’t have a screen in the package, contact customer support and you’ll be shipped one within a day.
4. VANKYO Leisure 3W – Wonderful Portability
With this projector, you can connect to your iOS and Android devices, PCs, laptops, Xbox, Chromecast, TF card, PS4, TV Sticks, and more devices. Both wired (HDMI) and wireless connections are available for your convenience.
Image and Sound Capabilities
The projector has 3,600 lumens, which is not as bright as the previous projectors but is perfectly suitable for low-light environments. It supports 1080p and can provide a projection from 33” to 176”. The distances from the screen vary from 3.28ft to 18.04ft.
As to the sound, there are built-in stereo speakers, contributing to the portability of the device. You can also connect an external sound system to it.
Quieter Than Ever
This model is equipped with a new fan noise suppression system, which provides both smooth heat dispersion and quieter sound. So even if you have to watch a movie at a low volume, the fan won’t be an obstacle for your focus.
This is a projector that combines all the basic needs of a potential buyer and even more. The fan sound suppression system is truly impressive. Besides, you get 3 months of free return and refund, as well as 3 years of repair guarantee from the manufacturer. The customer service works like a clock, providing solutions to most problems as soon as you contact them.
5. WiMiUS K3 7500 Lux Video Projector – Great Brightness and Sound
This projector provides advanced pixel and color enhancement technologies. It supports Full HD, creating opportunities for real cinema experiences. You get a crisp image and a contrast ratio that will bring out the smallest tone change in bright colors and the depth of the darker ones.
Quick Wireless Connection
This model offers a stable and strong Wi-Fi connection suitable for both Android and iOS devices. There’s no need to buy adapters and get confused with cables; spend up to a minute connecting the devices, and you’ll get a smooth video streaming on a large screen.
Here’s how to do it:
- Choose the needed signal source (iOS or Android);
- Turn on Wi-Fi on the phone and find the projector;
- Switch on mirroring on the phone and pair with the projector for the function.
Everything Sound and Noise-Wise
There are two things contributing to the sound experience:
- Fan noise.
The WiMiUS projector offers powerful 10W speakers with deep, room-filling sound. If that’s not enough, you can also connect an external sound system. The fan noise isn’t a problem with this option, as it’s lower than in the older versions of the device.
Other Useful Features
Here are some more great features the projector offers:
- The projection can be 50” to 300”;
- You get 100% to 75% zoom;
- There’s a removable dust filter;
- Lamp life is up to 100,000 hours;
The manufacturer provides every buyer with a 3-year warranty. During the first year, you can order replacements; during the two remaining years, you get free repair services. Overall, this projector offers a lot of benefits in terms of portability, image and sound quality, and manufacturer care for customers. And the price is quite appealing!
Best Phone Projector Buyer’s Guide: Criteria of Choice and Useful FAQ
When choosing a phone projector, there should be two major priorities:
- The ability to connect to a smartphone;
There are options as small and light as phones themselves, but even if your favorite isn’t, make sure you can connect it to the phone without a problem. There are other criteria of choice:
- Budget. Of course, one of the most important things to consider when buying anything is your budget. Think about the sum of money you can spend on a projector so that it doesn’t hurt your monthly budget or other financial goals. Sometimes it’s better to save a little and buy a really good projector. But if you’re in a hurry, there are a lot of budget-friendly options to look into.
- Connection capabilities. Wireless connection is a major advantage. It will save the time and effort you would usually spend while installing and connecting the projector. For Apple devices, an adapter is needed when using wires, and there are a lot of them, so you have to go online and find out which one is the most suitable for your phone. With Wi-Fi, you don’t need any of that, leaving HDMI cables and adapters as a backup in case the Internet goes off.
- Image capabilities. If you have a tight budget, opting for a standard 480p projector isn’t a bad idea. But if it’s possible, invest in a device with at least 720p and 1080p support. This will improve the image so much, making it clearer and crispier, which is an important part of the home cinema experience. The brightness of the projection and its size are also important. More lumens mean saving power and providing a better image even with some ambient light in the room. As to the size, look for an optimal distance from the screen that will provide a sufficient size of the image without compromising its quality.
- Weight and packaging. The weight of your device is important if it’s a ceiling-mount type or if you’re going to take it on a trip with you. There are projectors as light as a phone, but they are more expensive. Think about the maximum weight you’re ready to carry with you conveniently and base the choice on that number. As to the packaging, see if there’s a customized bag, details for mounting, a screen, and other add-ons. You will definitely benefit from them.
- Sound capabilities. While it’s always possible to get a pair of Bluetooth or wired speakers, a built-in sound system is a nice addition to the portability and ease of use of the projector. If you have a small room and don’t need very loud noises, chances are you will never need an external sound system. But if it’s a party, even built-in 10W speakers may not help, so think about this in advance.
- Durability. The durability of materials, lens, fan, speakers, and other details are important. You can find out more info on the official website of the manufacturer or by contacting their customer support. There’s also a lot of information in buyer’s reviews on Amazon and similar platforms. People often update their reviews after several months or years of use, so you can see if the claimed longevity is the same as the real one.
- Your room size. Measure your room to make sure there’s enough space for the projector to be placed for the best size and quality of the projected image. Nowadays, there are short-throw devices that are suitable for the smallest rooms, so you will definitely find a perfect option for your home or backyard.
Not all of these factors are essential, but they are worth considering if you’re on a quest for an ideal projector that will last for years, provide amazing features, and cost within your budget.
FAQ on Phone Projectors
If the information presented above isn’t sufficient, maybe you will find more here. This section was created based on the questions we get the most often from potential buyers.
Can all phone projectors be connected to Apple devices?
All modern projectors are compatible with Apple products. However, not all of them can be connected that easily. Some models will need an adapter for a successful pairing, and there are several types of them. You can easily find information online as to which adapter is the best for your phone or iPod.
To find out if the projector you’re interested in supports Apple product connection, refer to the official website of the manufacturer and read the description of the device. You can also contact customer support of both Apple and the company releasing the projector.
LED vs incandescent bulbs: what is the difference and which one is better?
LED light is “whiter” and brighter. It provides more contrast and better overall quality of the image. By using LED technology, you save a lot of power and money; such lights are extremely durable and require little power. It’s a modern version of all bulbs that need much electricity, warm up very fast, and may even be dangerous.
Incandescent bulbs are older technology; they are bigger and not travel-friendly. They require a lot of power and need more powerful, noisier fans due to high heat generation. Such bulbs are also less durable compared to LED lights, so you’ll need a replacement at some point, which will cost money.
Are there battery-powered projectors? How long can I use them?
Sure, there are small phone projectors with built-in batteries that can work without electricity for up to 3 hours. The regular working time is about 2.5 hours, which is still great because it’s enough for one movie. You can also buy additional batteries or power banks to improve the device’s portability without having to charge it using electricity.
Portability is Essential
If it’s not a stationary cinema room in your house, you must know the value of projector portability. It’s easier to carry and install, it saves power, time, and effort. If this is the first projector you’re looking for, here’s a comparison.
Think about a vacuum cleaner. A bulky, heavy one, which is very powerful yet almost impossible to take out of the closet and operate alone. You will spend half an hour trying to get used to carrying it around, and the job will be done in twice as much time as it would have with a small, hand-held vacuum. The room isn’t that big and dIrty for a large appliance, but you’re using it anyway.
That sounds like an inconvenience, right?